Warboys Underfives Pre-School is open during Term Time only. We open Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:30pm. We offer sessional care for all children (Mornings 9:00-12:00 and Afternoons 12:30-3:30pm), and all day provision once your child is grant eligible the term after they turn 3 years old.
We employ several staff including 7 qualified practitioners and 4 relief practitioners. All staff are required to attend relevant training in order to keep the Pre-School up to date with new initiatives and requriements. An experienced member of staff is designated as special educational needs co-ordinator (Senco), and any children who may have learning difficulties are identified and appropriate action plans put in place.
Warboys Underfives follows the EYFS, (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum. When your child joins the Pre-School they are assigned a key worker who stays with them throughout their time with us to monitor their development and keep you informed of your child’s progress.
Feedback from our children’s parents and carers is very important to us and we encourage you to discuss with us any issues or concerns you may have. Each year we ask parents and carers to complete a questionnaire to help us stay informed of your views of how the Pre-School is run. We also hold a parents evening once a year so you can meet with your children’s key worker to discuss their progress, and any other issues relating to the Pre-School.
This is what some of our families have said in their feedback of the 2022/23 academic year.
“Thank you to everyone for making sure that our child always has fun, feels loved and her needs are met and I feel confident knowing she is safe.”
“My little girl is a baby who was born during lockdown. Warboys Preschool is the first setting that she has joined and with your fantastic work she settled very quickly and she loves being at school. During drop off and pick up I have noticed that all of Warboys Preschool Staff are smiling and communicate in a polite, respectful and positive way with all the children.”
Warboys Underfives occupies its own building. This is a single story building in the heart of the village with adjacent off road parking. Set back slightly from the main road, we are located next to the library and opposite the village newsagents. Our secure outside play area is at the rear of the building, minimising any road noise or distractions from the street. The outside play area has a astroturf surface and a good variety of outside play equipment is available.
The Main building is split into two large rooms, the front room is bigger and is used for general play and circle time. It also has enough space for a ‘quiet corner’, a ‘home corner’ and a construction area. The back room is for for ‘messy play’ activities including wet sand, painting and collage. Leading off from the back room is a lobby area from which the fire escape, store room and adult and children’s toilets are accessed. The building is all on one level with no steps to negotiate and a disabled action plan is in place.
Warboys Underfives Pre-school was inspected by Ofsted on 12th December 2019.
The outcome of this inspection was that our Early Years provision is ‘Outstanding’.
The Inspector reported the following highlights:
- Children benefit from an exceptionally warm, welcoming and homely environment where they are extremely well settled and feel secure.
- Children have a highly effective understanding of people and families beyond their own.
- Staff are inspirational teachers and have exceptional knowledge of their key children.
- Children benefit from the manager and staff’s commendable commitment to establishing effective working relationships with external professionals. They work with parents of children with SEND exceptionally well to help to ensure that their provision is inclusive.
- Staff expertly support children’s language development through a rich learning environment both inside and outdoors. They use stories, songs and props to ignite children’s love of language.
- Children develop mathematical skills exceptionally well and demonstrate great aptitude in solving mathematical problems.
- DemographicAs of September 2023 Warboys Underfives Preschool is registered for 30 children per session and we currently have 46 children on the roll. 22 are boys and 24 girls. The setting is predominantly White British. 13% of all pupils are from minority ethnic groups. We have 8.7% children for whom English is an additional language. We are supporting 2% children with complex needs and 4.3% children with Special Educational Needs. 8.7% of our children are supported with Communication, Speech and Language needs.
- Free Childcare for 2 year olds
Some 2 year olds are entitled to free childcare for 15 hours a week during school term time (38 weeks). Quality early learning and childcare provide opportunities for your child to develop skills; communicating, exploring and making friends in a safe environment.
We take children from the term after they turn 2 years and 6 months. Your two year old will be eligible for the free childcare if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit if you are not entitled to working tax credit and your annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) does not exceed £16,190.
- Guarantee element of state pension credit
**We offer a full day to Grant eligible 3 year olds**
To find out more information about this and to see if your child is eligible you need to contact your local Children’s Centre on Ramsey 01480 379420 or Somersham 01487 840225.
Extended 30 Hours Childcare
We are able to offer some extra free hours for those that are eligible for the 30 hours extended childcare. To find out whether you are eligible please look via HMRC at the qualifying criteria. If you are looking for additional hours please discuss your requirements with us and we deal with these on an individual family basis according to our availability.
We also accept Childcare Vouchers for payment please discuss with us which companies we are registered with currently.